CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hey good lookin', whatcha got cookin'?

You may have read my last post - a complete spew of everything going on in my mind and heart and where it was driving me...and how I thought I needed medication.  Well,  I've added some exercise into my daily routine this week, taking evening walks with Miriam after dinner. But, I've been in the kitchen - A LOT - too, and I have been so revived for it.  Here are some of the things I've been mixing up:

1. Creamy Chicken Taquitos - perfect for the kids, perfect for a mexican flaire night, perfect for freezing and pulling out and putting on the table hot in 15 minutes. Thanks pinterest and Nikki! http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/02/baked-creamy-chicken-taquitos.html
2. Made-from-scratch chocolate cake - thanks Hersheys! http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=184&name=HERSHEY'S%20%22PERFECTLY%20CHOCOLATE%22%20Chocolate%20Cake
3. my version of Chef Boyardee's rice with chicken and vegetables:  mix together 1 cup of cooked rice, 1 can of peas & carrots, 1 cup of shredded chicken, 1 can healthy cream of chicken soup and top with a bit of shredded cheese. bake in oven for 30 min at 350 - miriam LOVES this and pretty much ate it for lunch every day this week!
4. Using my mothers bread machine to make a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread last Monday and yeast rolls today : http://www.amazon.com/Regal-Kitchen-Pro-Super-Rapid-BreadMaker/dp/B000ANO3RI
5. Bowtie Chicken Pasta: mix 1 stick of melted butter with a packet of dry ranch dressing...add 1 lb of cooked bowtie pasta, 1 cup of peas (or other veggie of your choice) and 1-2 cups of cooked chicken. Miriam LOVES this dish too and it's easy for her to eat with her hands :)
6. my neighbor's recipe for baked apple oatmeal:
1 1/3
cups old-fashioned oats
1/2
cup raisins
1.5     cups milk
1/3
cup packed brown sugar
1        tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4
teaspoon salt
1        medium apples, chopped (2 cups)
bake for 30 minutes at 350. yummy for a sunday family breakfast and way healthier than cinnamon rolls!

Getting in the kitchen was such great therapy for me! I can't wait to see what the pantry holds for this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment