CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Cheering from the sidelines

As the preschool teacher, I witness so many new steps each day. This week I'ce seen a child successfully distinguish between "on" and "in" while reading sight word books, and another child, who has such a difficult time with transitions, on his own offer to help clean up when it was time to change centers. Then, I saw another just hysterically sob after saying "sorry" when his friend wouldn't forgive him. I learn so much about life accomplishments through 4 year old lives. And today I captured this moment:
These friends were racing around the room and just cheering their hearts out for each other. I couldn't help but smile at their excitement and joy for the simple fun they were having. I love my little friends. 


These days can be hard sometimes. They are LONG. And hard. Did I say that already?! And sometimes without pauses of noise (though today, my little friends did decide they would rest a bit). I'm reminded of my current life issues and difficulties, and the hard things my friends are facing. Some are grieving loss of special people in their lives physically or emotionally or spiritually. Some are discovering they've now entered into a new season with jobs or interesting family transitions that are necessary. And some are living as far away from Jesus as they can. My heart is hurting for them so much. It's. Hard. 

BUT my sweet little friends today reminded me that we can be like those little cheerleaders on the sidelines for each other. 

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (Hebrews 10:24-25 NIV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment