CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Satisfied with goodness

I was so weepy yesterday that my eyes were as big as hard boiled eggs!! This week was tough with J in Florida all week and violent sickness swept through the house. Sleep was minimal (that is why I had to teach myself how to make coffee!). I had minimal adult interaction. J was only available to talk via texting at random times. Showering was minimal and I'm pretty sure my hair was in the same bun for about three days.   I was plain tired. And of course, February always brings its fair share of tears. 

I also wept hard with my sweet friend who, yesterday, after months of knowing the inevitable, said goodbye to her momma, her best friend, the lady who taught her so much.  I praise God for His strength that He continues to give her and the faithfulness she has in knowing his grace and abundant blessing even in these sad days. But I still pray for physical rest for her and mental clarity for the days ahead may be hard. 

This is the 5th girlfriend of mine to have to endure this pain since mom's death and it breaks my heart for them. It made me miss my momma even more. I was a wreck. 

As I was trying to pull it together at one point last night, sweet M grabbed my attention and pulled me outside to look at this:
And I wept some more. God is such a master artist. It seems he's been paitnting some rather gorgeous sunsets for his children lately, especially when we need it most. 

"I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow. I will feast the soul of the priests with abundance, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, declares the Lord.” (Jeremiah 31:13-14 ESV)

And then I cried some more...but I woke this morning, read promises from God's word in the Psalms and how he cared for his people in the Exodus and was filled with joy. He is faithful in all he does (Ps 33:4).  And I am satisfied with his goodness. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment