CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Busiest day yet!


The day started with a bang....or really a bark. The house dogs got startled around 330 am and woke many of us up and I couldn't fall back asleep, so it allowed some extra time in prayer and prep for the day ahead-good thing!

Today we went to feeding center 2, waaaaay up the mountain. I was given much encouragement on the way from the team since I had a bit of fear of the responsibility I had for the morning-sharing a bit of the sweet message Jesus to kids (ages 3-5) in Spanish. When we arrived they were finishing up their lesson and we were able to help them with their activity. Then, it was time for our team to take over. And then, as promised and as in my hearts desire, the words that needed to be spoken were said and the children were attentive. 

We then had a chance to do the activities we brought and the team did a fantastic job of working with the children. The kids soaked every minute up with their new American friends. THESE are the moments I had been so anticipating when I would talk to M and L about coming here, that I would meet new friends, and I would get to tell them about Jesus. And as is always the case, the Lord provided, and I was so humbled. Praise God for his equipping to be a part in such a unique ministry!

We returned home and I got busy seeing while most of the team kept me company. I've been asked to help make the dresses for the dancers at the church (where we attended on Sunday). So I got to work as best as I could. There are 12 girls and they need tips and pants and the material is silk. I'm doubtful I'll finish before we leave on Friday. I asked if I should extend my visit for one more week.....
The sweet dancers are adorable and they stopped by so I could measure them this afternoon. It makes me so happy to hear a sewing machine-even in Teguc. I can't seem to escape from my crafts :)

This evening, we headed back up the mountain to church, exactly back to where we were this morning at the center. We got there a bit late but it was alright. A bit of music, then we introduced ourselves. Then Alan was able to share about the 5 Fundamentals of Christian living: worship, prayer, reading the Word, ministry/missions, and tithing. Great wisdom and moving for many. 

What I thought would just be a normal "new experience" at church and to see this gorgeous view of the city at night:

Well, of course the city was beautiful, but the experience and my encounter was even more more beautiful. After church, the woman who had sat in front of us, I noticed she had gotten a bit emotional during the worship....she immediately found me and began speaking. Her heart was crying out that she did not want to die without knowing Jesus, but she had a problem with overdosing on medications because of some back problems that she had. She felt as if she was worthy enough to be forgiven because of the numerous times she had done this, that God wouldn't forgive her and that she would continue to be a sinner. The Spirit was present in leading the entire conversation. I was able to share scripture with her, and the hope she in Jesus for eternal life. Many times over I gave her the encouragement to seek after the scriptures when she felt discouraged and told her to seek fellowship at the church. And then she asked for me to pray for her. And this, friends, was a true working of the Spirit in itself because I had not yet prayed fully in Spanish without preparation. But I couldn't tell this woman in need that I couldn't pray for her. So I said a quick personal prayer for the Spirit to guide and we started praying. And my new sweet friend Diane, well, you can continue to pray that she will respond to God's loving call on her life and continue to draw her closer to the church and closer to Him. 
Praise God from who all blessings flow!


Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21 ESV)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So moving and powerful! He is able.

Post a Comment